03 April 2014
Be sure to check back for other giveaways, I think there may be a Spring themed one in the works.
25 March 2014
- One, just leave a comment!
- Two, follow my Blog and leave a comment saying you've done so.
- Like Nantucket Knitter on Facebook and leave a comment saying you've done so. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nantucketknit
- Share this giveaway in some way (Facebook, forum, Ravelry, pinterest, etc), and leave a comment (with a link to where you've shared it) saying you've done so.
I will leave the contest open until April first, 'round about 6:00 PM EST. Please leave some way to contact you in at least one of your comments. E-mail, Ravelry name, whatever. If there isn't a way to contact you I will wait 48 hours after a winner is chosen for you to contact me, at which point a new winner will be chosen. Winner much respond within 48 hours otherwise a new winner will be chosen. Winner will be chosen via the awesome folks at random.org. Contest is open internationally.
You can also purchase a grab bag here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/183788701/grab-bag-five-skein-knitpicks-wool-of
02 February 2014
18 December 2013
I know I haven't been around much, and in fact have entirely ignored the schedule I intended to keep. One day, I will figure it out!
Merry Christmas one and all!
22 November 2013
This week, we've been busy making advent calenders. Why buy when you can make ones that are beautiful and meaningful with things you've already got around the home?
We made this beautiful Mary and baby Jesus: template provided, and instead of using that to trace, deleted the labels on everything and printed those out to color. Then I copied and pasted the stars into one document and I used those for my calender, the kids are just using star stickers. http://nantucketknitter.com/pdf/stars1.pdf.
Everyone painted whatever background they wanted onto poster-board: http://www.thatartistwoman.org
We're also working on a funky tree calender:
I am mostly using super inexpensive (cheap) things like mini candy canes, plastic ornaments and small chocolate bears, but for a few of them I did little things of princess chap-stick (Little M gets super chapped lips in the winter, so we always have a bunch of them) and bangles. On the 24th, I put in Cinderella nail polish.
I have no idea where this feminine little girl came from, she certainly didn't get it from me!
The idea for this one came from Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2010/make-a-geometric-tree-advent-calendar/.
That was what we did this week. What did you all do for homeschool this week?
I have decided to make this into a Linky Party! Please link up to Homeschooling Saturday with anything at all to do with homeschooling you and your little ones did this week! If you want, awesome. If no one wants, no problem!
If you do decide to link up, please just link back from your post to this post! You can use this picture if you want:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.nantucketknitter.com" title="Homeschooling Saturday"><img src="http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/Cimorenne/homeschoollinky_zps0187c99d.jpg" alt="Nantucket Knitter" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
18 November 2013
Last week, for Make Something Monday, I posted these tree lights. I love them and they are fast becoming the single most popular post on my Blog. Simple Mitts, beware! It'll be interesting to see if they're popularity keeps up after the holidays. I just can't wait to see what people are going to make with that pattern!
The past couple of weeks I have been knitting, knitting, knitting. I have completely finished four stuffed animal sets, which include the animal, clothing, and a mini stocking:
They're jointly ravelled here: http://ravel.me/NataliesKnits/sr2
By the way, I have two skeins of this yarn, I am planning a giveaway with one soon! Check back!
Also made recently is this awesome dragon, knight and princess set: http://ravel.me/NataliesKnits/1v1ap
Also finished were a set of Simple Mitts:
Then I finished a Santa Polar Bear Beanbag Animal. Why the caps, I have no idea.
Those are my finishes for the past while. What have you made?
Off to knit my little one a pair of bright pink mittens!
11 November 2013
11/20/13 An error in the pattern has been pointed out to me and corrected.
I don’t know why, but I have been all about knitting flat lately. And, these are my favorite thing to knit recently. I finally sat down and wrote out a pattern; here it is, enjoy! This is the perfect time to start knitting something like this. They only take me about 20 minutes per light.
You will need:
• Oddments of worsted weight yarn, in desired colors
• Size one needles
• Tapestry needle
• Cast on four stitches with light color, leaving a long tail for sewing up.
• Row one: purl
• Row two: *k1, m1; rep from * to last st, K1. 7 sts.
• Row three: purl
• Row four: *k1, m1; rep from* to last st, K1. 13 sts.
• Rows five through seven: Alternate one row purl with one row knit.
• Row eight: *k2, m1; rep from * to last st, k1. 19 st.
• Rows nine through 11: Alternate one row purl with one row knit.
• Row 12: *k3, m1; rep from * to last st, k1. 25 sts.
• Rows 13 through 20: Alternate one row purl with one row knit.
• Row 21: *p2, p2tog; rep from * to last st, p1. 19 sts.
• Row 22: *k1, k2tog; rep from * to last st, k1. 13 st.
• Switch to green color.
• Rows 23 – 26: Alternate one row purl with one row knit.
• Row 27: *p2tog; rep from * to last st, p1. 7 st.
• Bind off.
• Using cast on string and mattress stitch, sew up side seams, stuffing firmly as you go.
• Weave in all ends.
• Cut a length of green yarn and tie on end in a pretty bow as shown in picture.
Comments, questions? Please email me at email@example.com
Italian (translated by skaraanna on ravelry):
Lucine di natale:
mettere sul ferro 4 maglie
1 . rovescio
2 . “1 dir, 1 aumento intercalare” ripetere, poi 1 dir =7m
3 . e tutti i ferri dispari a rovescio fino al ferro 21
4 . “1 dir, 1 aumento intercalare” ripetere, poi 1 dir =13m
6 . dir
8 . “2 dir, 1 aumento intercalare” ripetere, poi 1 dir =19m
10 . dir
12 . “3 dir, 1 aumento intercalare” ripetere, poi 1 dir =25m
14 . 16 . 18 . 20 . dir
21 . “2 rovescio, 2 maglie insieme a rovescio” ripetere, poi 1 rov = 19m
22 . “2 diritto, 2 maglie insieme a diritto” ripetere, poi 1 dir = 13m
23 . passare al verde e proseguire a maglia rasata fino al ferro 25
27 . “2 maglie insieme a rovescio” ripetere, poi 1 rov = 7m
Infilare il filo nelle maglie rimaste, cucire ai lati e fare un fiocchetto per appendere.